Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not so hot..

Today I am feeling a little under the weather. My best may be a 4. I have a headache, backache and am slightly nauseated. I did not attend class this morning because I felt to ill to leave bed. I did have to come into work though. Something about them not paying if I am not here. I hope my professors understand.
Cedar and I have a routine in the mornings. She wakes up at 6'ish, we get out of bed she goes out and comes right back inside. Once inside I prepare her breakfast, she eats, I am usually roaming around the house making sure my books are together. Then we lay back down for a little bit and play or sleep. Depends on the mood of one of us. If she feels playful, yeah I am not going back to sleep.
Today when she woke me up I knew that I needed to get up and get ready for school. I was walking towards the door and my head was banging. I felt dizzy and weak. I let her out and decided that I needed more rest. More rest meant I would not make it to class. I instantly felt horrible. I hate hate hate hate missing class. When you pay for something as expensive as school it is awful to miss it. I lay there in my bed, dog looking at me, thinking I should get up and take myself to class. I don't know what felt worse; missing class or me.
I am sitting at work now, feeling miserable. As soon as I get off I am going home to force myself to do homework and attend a meeting tonight. I am supposed to speak at this meeting. It is election year and these events are very important. I will just have to put on my big girl pants and deal with it. I may leave early though the meeting, not work. The point of this blog is that we have to make lots of decisions in every day life. And the factors in these decisions sometimes are outside influences. It may not be fair, but it is life. Life is what happens while you're busy making plans, or so I have heard. I think it's normal to expect to fall short of things that you want to accomplish. It is extraordinary though to forge past what you expect to accomplish and do more. Not only will I go home and do tons of homework, I will speak at the meeting, do my laundry, be productive at work and vomit. Yes because that's what I feel like doing right now. I will attempt to make up for lost lessons and time. Feeling bad is all in your head, or in my case stomach too.
Decisions. Now it makes the think about what were my big decisions this time last year, two years ago, what about 5 or 10 years ago. What was I doing this time last year, what will I be doing next year? Either way I am losing time on my 10 year plan! lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better today. Reading your post made me think of Stephen Covey's reminder to "sharpen the saw," to take time out to rest, relax, and restore lost energy.

When my mother first learned that she was dying of cancer, an acquaintance told me to tell her (my mother) to listen to her body. At the time, I sort of shrugged it off and thought "whatever," but soon thereafter I saw the wisdom of it. Since that time, I've often thought of that and will now do what it takes to keep that saw (ME) as sharp and healthy and strong as possible.

moye said...

so are you feeling better