Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life lessons, blogs, pups and primary action...

I am currently a student at Central Carolina Technical College. I am taking 3 classes that are all influential. My history class is teaching me things that I kind of already knew but didn't know as well as I thought. My Ethics class is teaching how to think Ethically, I know right from wrong, but it's like our book says. "Studying Ethics is like studying grammar. You knew how to use grammar before you, studying it only helps you use it better". I enjoy the debating in that class and it does make you ask yourself some terrible questions. My psych class is a human development class. My teacher is a lovely woman who is fascinating! She has great quotes and asks questions that are hard to answer as well. The most profound thing she has said to me so far is think in ten years you will be 10 years older. In ten years you will be Ten years older. It sounds so simple but let that marinate for just a moment. Good lord willing I will be 38 years old and who or where or what will I be? I will be 38 in just 10 short years!! It was like a wake up call for me! Cedar will be 70!! I have so much to do and obviously not enough time to accomplish all of these things!! I have to see Greece, become a Senator, finish College, get married (well that's optional), help raise my niece, take care of my mom, it was "BANG". And all I could think it I don't have a lot of time!! Today in class we were discussing how to change your thoughts about issues. I pondered over this the whole way home (all 17 miles) and decided that there ought to be an instruction guide for this. So I am going to write one. I just have to work out the kinks on that one.
She has a blog that is very interesting and her daughter has one too (it's on my blogroll). She told me that it was very neat, I viewed it and she was right. Her daughters blog is beautiful it's full of love and faith. I will continue to read her blog because it gave me hope.

My teacher, also told of us a book that had 4 promises you have to make to yourself. Well I can't remember if they were promises exactly but it was 4 things to hold yourself accountable for.
1: Make your word Impeccable. Not only to others but to yourself. If you say you are going to do something, do it! Follow through is everything, not only in sports! A famous basketball coach once said "you're not a loser until you start making excuses for yourself!"

2. Don't take it personally. If someone says they don't like your shoes, well hey that's their preference. Usually what someone says is more about themselves than you!!

3. Don't Assume! Someone doesn't call you back right away, don't (ladies) think that it's you, or something you did. People have lives and they tend to get in the way of phone calls! I am the worst at it! Speaking of which, must empty voice mail.

4. Do your best. Even if some days your best is a 3 or 5 still do the best for that day.

And now Primary time!! If you live in Horry, Anderson, Berkley or Dorchester Counties all I have to say is LUCKY!! Here in Clarendon County the only primary I get to vote on is US Senate! Voting is such an important part of our Government Process, but that is another Blog.

In Cedar news; our eldest Dog Dreyphus bit her in the face yesterday over a toy. I was very upset, but I am learning that it is part of growing up. Learning what toes you can and can't step on.

3 comments:

earlcapps said...

Yeah, empty that voice mail, dammit!

Anonymous said...

What a charmer you are! And a great writer too.

moye said...

yeah empty that voice mail and I cannot believe sweet Drehyfus bit that puppy.